Natural stone worktops – where lies their beauty?
Natural stone has been well established in kitchens and bathrooms. In most of the cases it is used for worktops, There is nothing strange about that, because it has extraordinary technical parameters and looks great. Where lies the beauty of natural stone worktops? You’ll find out in this article!
Natural stone worktops – what makes them unique?
- Universality and timeless beauty – stone worktops suit each and every décor. They are ideal for both modern and traditional interior design. They look really well combined with simple and stylized furniture. Besides, they offer unlimited arrangement possibilities. They are luxurious, noble and elegant. They are a perfect decorative element for every interior.
- Richness of colours – stones such as granite or marble come in variety of colours. Within the colour palette there are both light and dark colours, so every client may choose a shade that will suit his taste and the décor of his interior.
- Uniqueness – natural stone worktops are unique. They are not an effect of mass production, but emerge as an effect of the processing of a natural material. Stone layers are shaped by processes occurring beneath the earth, so it is impossible to find two identical blocks. Therefore, it is also impossible to make two identical worktops. The blocks differ slightly from each other and this makes them absolutely unique.
- Extraordinary durability – stone is probably the hardest of all materials used for kitchen and bathroom worktops. Unless it is hit with a heavy object with great power, it is very resistant to scratches and cracks. Unfortunately, hardness makes the stone difficult to process, but masonry companies have access to equipment and technologies that facilitate this process.
- High hygienic safety – Compact structure of the stone and polished surface guarantee high hygienic safety and make it impossible for the bacteria to penetrate the structure of the material. Stains and dirt remain on the surface and it is easy to get rid of them. Simply do not let them dry. Liquids do not penetrate the surface of natural stone worktops, so the coffee that you spilled accidentally will not leave permanent stains!
- High resistance to damage – Natural stone, especially granite, is extremely resistant to mechanical damage and atmospheric conditions. It endures both high and low temperatures. It is resistant to discolourations, scratches and defects, but you should remember to avoid cleaning with rough sponges and cutting the products directly on the surface.
If you are looking for natural stone worktops visit www.polishgranite.co.uk website.