Modern kitchen – tips on furnishing
Are you dreaming of a modern kitchen but don’t know how to furnish it? It’s fairly simple! You only have to consider several aspects that are crucial for this style. Moreover, in the article we’ve prepared, you will find many important tips, helpful you in creating a stylish and elegant modern kitchen which will suit your needs. Do not hesitate, read the article and you are ready to go!
Modern kitchen and its key aspects
Every style, also the modern one, has some distinctive features, apparent at first glance. The most important are:
- Minimalism together with keeping the colour and form simple. Modern style is all about simple, geometric shapes, homogenous, smooth surfaces and limited colours. This is why we are advising to use two to three contrasting colours and choose furniture with simple and smooth fronts (they can be matt or shiny).
- You should know that modern kitchen is not only about order and harmony, but also about functionality. Think twice about arranging the furniture and household appliances. You will need separate zones for cooking, storing and washing dishes. Think about appropriate number of kitchen cabinets in which you will store all the things needed for preparing meals. Don’t save on household appliances – they are supposed to make your work easy and pleasant.
- Consider having a kitchen island, which looks great even in small interiors and provides extra work space. Besides, it is perfect for family meetings. You can cook there, eat meals and drink your morning coffee. It is very convenient to use, because you can access it from all sides.
- Invest in high quality robust materials and mix them together. Modern style is not only about wood, but also stainless steel, glass and stone, so don’t be afraid to combine them!
- Buy good lightning. One source of light, mounted under the ceiling is too little to make the modern kitchen bright. This is why it is so important to have spot light fixtures placed under the cabinets and over the cooker or the island.
- Buy big and little household appliances. Fridge, cooker and oven are a must. It it also worth to invest in a cooker hood, microwave, coffee machine, toaster and many other appliances, which facilitate the process of preparing meals.
Kitchen arrangement is a crucial aspect for those people who cook regularly at home or like culinary experiments. Well designed kitchen makes cooking easier, and aesthetic values of nice looking space enhance the quality of work. Furthermore, beautiful kitchen is usually very functional, but creating usability-centered interior demands careful planning to get rid of any obstacles that may appear and to make sure there is enough room for free movement between the workstations. The kitchen should be spacious enough to accommodate all necessary equipment – the stove, the fridge and the sink. In addition, kitchen equipment and arrangement should account for the number of the family members who will use it on the daily basis, so if you have more family members under your roof, consider buying a bigger stove and sink for example.
While you design your kitchen, it is important to think of a proper finishing too. All equipment used in there has to be made of the high-quality materials which are resistant to the outside factors and harmful conditions specific to the kitchen’s environment. That is why in many modern kitchen designs durable materials are used to make granite worktops, ceramic tiles and waterproof paint.
High quality materials
All items in the kitchen should be suited for the kitchen environment, which means they should be made of durable supplies. The better the material, the more use it will find in your kitchen and some of the equipment will last for decades if you take care of it properly. In turn, more expenses at the start will greatly lower the budget needed for the inevitable future damage repairs and refurbishments.
What’s more, high-quality equipment, such as a granite worktops, can fit in almost any kitchen design and match any style you have chosen. As there are still new ideas for kitchen design and the old, traditional solutions can be mixed freely with new, contemporary ones, there are a lot of designs you can create to make your kitchen functional, stylish and long-lasting.
Cost of equipping your kitchen
When it comes to kitchen arrangement, the best course of action is searching for solutions which are simultaneously useful and high-quality. It of course brings a higher cost of the arrangement at the start and higher expense on refurbishment if any damage appears. But choosing a low quality equipment brings more expenses in the long run, as you will have to entirely refurbish the whole space every couple of years.
Finding an optimal solution is the key, as it allows for a durbale equipment for a reasonable price. But you have to learn something about the market and possess a proper knowledge to analyze the available choices of materials, equipment and furniture.
Selecting the best colour for you for your kitchen countertops
Are you going to have granite kitchen countertops, but you do not know what colour do you need? As you probably know, granite is available in a great variety of colours.
What modern kitchen should look like?
Are you wondering what your modern kitchen should have or what does trendy kitchen design mean? First of all, nowadays very important thing is to make your kitchen environmentally safe. How to make your kitchen eco-friendly? Instead of buying countertops made from natural stones like granite or marble, you can choose quartz countertops which are produced from wasted stones.